Today I’m taking part in a YouTube hop to celebrate my crafty friend Ardyth reaching 3000 subscribers! Congratulations, it’s so well-deserved! If you don’t subscriber to her channel yet, you are missing out. She’s amazing! Check out her video and channel HERE.
There are prizes from some fabulous sponsors too and there are about 20 odd stops on the hop so you have lot of chances to win! All you have to do is leave a comment by the 18th of October.
If you want to skip right to the YouTube hop, go to Ardyth’s blog for the full list of participants, prizes and rules.
For my card, I have used a stamp set from Ellen Hutson called Mondo Peony. I love this big, bold flower! It’s just lovely. It’s stamped up with Inkon3’s copic friendly ink, Blackout Detail Ink on Neenah #110 Solar White card stock. I went dark pink for the colouring and you can see some of it in a time-lapse video in my video over on my YouTube channel.
The background is easy and fun to create. With the help of my MISTI, I stamped up the two leaves from the Mondo Peony set towards the top the panel. Which is Bristol Vellum paper and it’s done with Inkon3’s Embossing ink. Before I did that, I used my anti-static tool very generously all over the paper. After stamping up the first two leaves, I swapped the panel around and stamped them again on the other side. I sprinkled WOW! Embossing powder in Opaque White all over these and set them with the heat gun. After checking the placement of the leaves in relation to my flower, which I should have done before stamping them really, I realised they would not show very well. So I stamped up another two and heat embossed them in white too.
Armed with my Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios and some green Distress Oxide inks, I chose Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn, I went to town with ink blending. I covered both the background panel and the two extra leaves. Once all done, I cut the leaves out using the coordinating diecuts.
These were a bit too big for the background though so I cut the leaves apart and with the flower as a guide, I placed them on the background where they would fill in the gaps. I have finally gotten ahold of Press’n’Seal and used this for the first time to pick up the flower and leaves! With that whole shebang turned over, I adhered a flower sized piece of foam sheet that I had cut out using the coordinating diecut. Once that was secured in place it was easy peasy to adhered that to the background. Which I had also fixed to a card base at this point.
Sentiment wise I used one of my staple stamp sets: Birdie Brown’s Greetings Galore from MFT Stamps. I heat embossed it in Metallic Rich Gold from WOW! On black card stock and cut it out using a small banner die from the Blueprint Dienamic set. This was quickly adhered with more Glue Tube adhesive. If you can’t find that particulate BluePrint dienamic set, I can recommend the Everyday Sentiment Banners from Lawn Fawn instead. They are another staple of mine and I use them all the time.
I could have stopped here but of course I didn’t. I added a very generous sprinkling of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh with the help of the Glue Tube from Lawn Fawn. I actually toyed with the idea of adding Glossy Accents to the card too but finally managed to rein in myself and step away, lol!
That’s it from me for today. Thank you for stopping by and enjoy the hop!
Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica